That’s War has had a solid 6 months since it was first published. It has gained a lot of local exposure around Birmingham, AL, around the state of Alabama in general, some national exposure, and even a little global exposure from Europe! Now it is time for a new year and a new list of book signings!
Jan. 26 Book signing Geneva, AL…..Geneva Public Library…. 3:30-5:00 p.m.Jan. 31 Book signing Foley, AL ….Foley Public Library….. 4:00-5:30 p.m.Feb. 9 Book signing Lake City, FL.... Lake City Church of Christ.... 5-7 p.m.
Feb. 11 Book signing Birmingham, AL... Barnes & Noble @ The Summit …10a.m.-noonFeb. 21 Book signing Auburn, AL..... Opelika Public Library.... noon-1 p.m.
March 2 Book signing Fairhope, AL… Page & Palette Bookstore …. 6-8 p.m.March 3 Book signing Gulf Shores, AL.... American Legion Post 44.... 12-2 p.m.
March 6 Book signing Orange Beach, AL.... Orange Beach Public Library.... 1-3 p.m.
March 8 Book signing Mobile, AL… History Museum of Mobile… noon-2:00 p.m.March 15 Book signing St. Petersburg, FL...... Books at Park Place..... 1-3 p.m.March 16-17 WWIHA Convention Tampa, FL....... Selling Books at ConventionMarch 18 Book Signing Nashville, TN...... Matthew and Mary Virginia's Home....... 4-6 p.m.March 24 Book Signing Nashville, TN...... The Cottage Cafe............ 11-1 p.m.March 31 Book Signing Asheville, NC....... Deerfield Retirement Community....... 11-noon
More book signings are still being scheduled…
Places I will be promoting along my book tour and dates I will be there! Schedule is subject to small changes…
Jan 26- Feb1 Gulf Shores, AL March 19- March 25 Nashville, TN
Feb 2- Feb 8 Tampa, FL March 26- March 28 Chattanooga, TN
Feb 9- Feb 10 Lake City, FL March 29- April 1 Asheville, NC
Feb. 11 Birmingham, AL April 2- April 4 Columbia, SC
Feb 12- Feb. 19 Atlanta, GA April 5- April 7 Decatur, GA
Feb. 20- Feb. 24 Auburn & Montgomery, AL April 9- April 11 Memphis, TN
Feb. 25- March 1 Birmingham, AL April 12- April 18 St. Louis, MO
March 2- March 11 Mobile, AL April 19- April 26 Kansas City, MO
March 12- March 14 New Orleans, LA April 27- May 2 Little Rock, AR
March 15- March 18 Tampa, FL
• 2 more articles on medals seen on cover of the book with description, pictures, and brief explanation of why Captain Sirmon received them!
• Events are still being planned for fundraising opportunities and events for veterans. That’s War would like to get involved with the American Legion, Daughters of the American Revolution, WWI Museum in KC, MO, and any other veteran or history organizations that would be interested!
• Developing relationships with many other newspapers, magazines, and T.V. stations, interested in doing interviews!
• Interviews with Veterans who have seen combat and have incredible stories to tell. Written submissions and video!
• Interview with Active Members of our military!
• A lesson plan has been developed for high school teachers to use while covering WWI based around the experiences and history of WWI and the WWI authentic diary, That’s War.
• Brannon will be blogging about his experiences on the book tour!
Subscribe to the www.thatswar.com for continuous updates of book talks, readings, signings, charity and media events!